Top 20 life tips according to a national vote
A list of the best life advice has been released, following a nationwide vote led by thortful.com .
The online greeting card market has asked the public to submit things âwe wish we could say to our youngestâ that âwould have made life a little easierâ.
Participants were invited to submit their tips, before voting for the best, with the aim of inspiring young people today.
Examples were, “whether it’s to stop ignoring those red flags, learn how to budget, or let down that person you’re dating.”
The top 20 were:
1. Believe in your gut reaction.
2. Don’t get married so young – enjoy life and travel more.
3. Don’t beat yourself up for every little mistake – everyone makes mistakes.
4. Enjoy life and try not to worry too much.
5. Invest time in your studies
6. Be honest and helpful.
7. Love yourself as you are lovable and be true to yourself.
8. Be less anxious about everything and stop overthinking.
9. Don’t put it off until tomorrow.
10. Just have fun and be carefree for as long as you can.
11. Learn from your mistakes.
12. Live fully.
13. Be you all the time.
14. Listen to your parents.
15. Continue your studies.
16. Don’t worry about your appearance.
17. Don’t worry too much about what people think of you.
18. Don’t assume that everyone who says they care about you has your best interests at heart.
19. There is no rush, take your time and find out what you want to do.
20. Love yourself more and be happy with what you have – life is not a competition.
The vote revealed that most of the tips focused on the topic of self-confidence and self-love, showing that self-expression is a common and shared struggle.
The idea of ââtaking life at a brisk pace and not rushing was another common theme. One respondent said, âthere is no rush, take your time and find out what you want to doâ. Another said: “take your time before making a decision”.
Life Coach Rebecca Lockwood said, âThe most important thing to remember is that no one has all of their stuff together, and so on the outside it may seem like they do, which is why you are comparing the end of your life to shop it in front of their life.
âIt’s so important to check in with yourself and what’s important to you, and to be guided from within or you may find yourself in a place with no idea how you got there.
“What do you want in life, what is important to you, what do you want your life to look, feel, sound and look like.”
To submit your own tips, visit thortful’s Letters to young me page.
For more stories of where you live, visit InYourZone.